Latest New TLDs at HEXONET:
HEXONET continues to launch more new TLDs on our regular Tuesday schedule, including several highly anticipated new TLDs these past couple of weeks:
|SUNRISE New TLDS||General Available New TLDs|
Keep up with the latest New TLDs launch dates with HEXONET's calendar here.
Domain Name Association Publishes 2nd "State of the Domains" Report
The Domain Name Association (DNA), the new non-profit global business association that represents the interests of the domain name industry, has just published their 2nd "State of the Domains" report. Excellent statistics on domain names and an outlook for 2015 from key stakeholders is available in this release.
Donuts Marks First Anniversary for New gTLD - Now Over 1.2 Million Registrations
Donuts Inc., the world’s largest registry for new generic top-level domain names (gTLDs), marked its one-year anniversary this month. Since the registry's opening last year, it now offers over 150 new gTLDs and has garnered over 1.2 million domain name registrations:
- Nearly one third of the four million new gTLDs are Donuts domain names.
- Eight of the top 25 new gTLDs are from Donuts.
- Half of the top 50 new gTLDs by registration volume are from Donuts, including .GURU (80,584), .PHOTOGRAPHY (51,431), and .EMAIL (48,031).
- Donuts will soon be offering over 200 new gTLDs.
Donuts: Value Proposition for New TLDs
The new TLD value proposition espoused by Donuts has been resonating with consumers, resellers, and the domain industry at large. Some of the key elements of their proposition include:
- Improved Choice
- Over 200 new TLDs now available, with high availability of short and meaningful domains.
- Your customers are more likely to find a domain name they are happy with and more relevant to their name or their industry.
- Increased Awareness
- Donuts is about to embark on a multi million dollar global awareness campaign and plans to sustain it throughout 2015.
- .Brand TLDs still to launch, bringing awareness to the masses.
- Highly contested and arguably higher volume TLDs still to launch in 2015.
- Proven Demand
- Over 3 million domains sold in just ten months of the expansion of the gTLD space.
- Over 1.2 million quality, paid for registrations with no discounting from the Donuts portfolio of TLDs.
- Proven demand for new, relevant addressing options.
- Higher Margins
- Significantly higher margins to be made from the sale of each domain name in the new TLD space.
- Still a small price point for any business to pay for global visibility for a year, using the domain name most relevant to them.
- High Renewal Rates Expected
- Several key factors present a strong case for high renewal rates including age and size of the TLD, semantic value of registered domains, price and demographic and geographic distribution of registrants.
- SEO Benefits
- Several recent studies by search experts suggest that the first generation of new TLD addresses are either matching or outperforming legacy TLDs and ccTLDs in search performance.
- New TLD domains are particularly keyword rich, before and after the dot, which no doubt plays a pivotal role in their search boost.
- An Opportunity to Re-engage your Customers
- An opportunity to reach out to prime customers with better domains and value added services.
- Knowing customers and better positioning will meet the needs of customers with improved domain inventory and increased choice.
- Don't Get Left Behind
- Give customers more choice and allow them to register the domain name that’s right for them. Don’t turn them away because you aren’t offering what they’re looking for.
- Awareness and adoption of new TLDs is increasing by the day.
- High availability of great names still available in this new space and many more still to launch in 2015.